English Activity

Fill in each blank with one of the following words.
much,many,either,neither,both,all,one,ones,little,a little,few,a few,several,a lot of,other,others
1. ............. teams played well.
2. ............. day,he fell seriously ill.
3. He didn't make .......... mistake.
4. There are thirty five boys in the class. .......... are present today.
5. "Which do you like?" " I like the blue .......... ".
6. I saw two men. .......... were wearing raincoats.
7. There were about fifty boys near the gate........... of them were clapping and shouting.
8. They didn't make .......... noise.
9. I don't like the blue handkerchief. I prefer the pink .......... .
10. I like .......... of the two boys. They are very mischievous.
11. Large bananas are sometimes tasteless. the small .......... are better.
12. There has been .......... rain this year.
13. I bought only .......... eggs yesterday.
14. There are .......... people at the park. Have they come for a meeting ?
15. He ate .......... rice today. He was not well yesterday.
16. He has two sons. One is short. .......... is tall.
17. Jane and Mary are sisters. .......... are good in music.
18. He hasn't .......... money.
19. I didn't see .......... boys at school today.
20. Some of the girls were playing netball. The .......... were watching them.
21. He has two houses. He can live in .......... of them.
22. .......... people study Greek nowadays.
23. I would like .......... of these carpets.
24. .......... were happy when they heard the good news.
25. He has two children. ..........are girls.
26. I saw two tourists. I couldn't speak to them as .......... of them knew English.
27. He is an Italian.He can speak .......... English.
28. I bought .......... apples yesterday. They were cheap.
29. I like .......... of these pens. They are unsatisfactory.
30. It was a difficult sum. Only .......... students were able to do it.

Comments